Jack's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Charlie's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Baby Jack-6.5 months along

Hey!  We are back and at 26 weeks tomorrow, so 6.5 months!  I can't believe we are so far along!  Only 2 more weeks and we'll be in the third trimester already!

Well, our 6.5 month checkup at the doctor was yesterday, and it was also the glucose screening test.  My blood sugar was too high when they pricked my finger, so I had to go back to the lab to get blood drawn from my arm, but we won't know those results until tomorrow after lunch.  I have heard other post-pregnant women say that their finger prick was high, but their arm blood was normal, so maybe that is the case with me!  If not, I will have to go back in and take a 3-hour test to see if I have gestational diabetes, but we don't have to think about that just yet!  

On a good note, Jack was very healthy at the visit and we are still on schedule!  His heartbeat was strong, right at about 145 bpm, my blood pressure was fine, and we go back in 3 weeks!  The next visit I'll have to get a Rhogam shot since I am A- blood type, and in case Jack is positive from Kurt, this is to prevent him from becoming anemic.  After that visit we will have to start going every 2 weeks!

I posted a new picture of me!  It isn't great, but it's at least an updated picture of the belly.  I will try to take more soon, we just don't ever think about it!

Please keep praying for Jack and me that we stay healthy, and please keep praying for Kurt to get a job!  He has a couple of leads, but nothing progressing further so far.

We love y'all!


4 comments:

  1. You are such a beautiful mommy-to-be!


    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited about baby Jack! You are all in our prayers.
    Love,
    Naomi, Matt, and Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic Meg! Glad everything is going well so far. I will definitely keep you guys in my prayers. Miss you!

    Mal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to get a good update. Let's keep our fingers crossed for no diabetes! Love the updated pic! Take care. Melissa

    ReplyDelete