Jack's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Charlie's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mommy's High School Reunion

I had my 10 year high school reunion earlier this month here in Birmingham, and it was an all-weekend affair!  Our first event was Friday night at The Wine Loft in downtown, and it was a very nice place!  It was fun to see so many people again after 10 years, and we all seemed to have a lot to catch up on.

Here is a picture with my friend David Romine from high school and his brand new wife Ashley!  We enjoyed talking to them all night, and they even invited us up to stay with them in Hilton Head (where they live!), so we are getting to go in August before Charlie arrives!


Saturday was the family picnic at Overton Park at lunchtime.  We were glad we could take Jack to this event and show him off!  I'm sure some of my classmates have seen his pictures on Facebook, but those don't do him justice since you can't see his awesome personality in a picture!  We had fun eating, playing on the playground, and playing baseball.  It was great seeing the other children of some of my classmates, plus seeing how everyone interacted together!

Playing baseball!



My friends Shelley and Jenna with their little ones Hunter and Averi



Jack playing around and claiming this was his home


Riding the teeter-totter with my friend Lauren and her little girl Zoey



Saturday night was the main event and it was held at Rogue Tavern, also in downtown.  We had heavy hors d'oeuvres, plus there was a dj so of course there was dancing, and we all just chatted and mingled around with everyone all night!  At one point we watched a slideshow of pictures from everyone back in high school, so that was fun and exciting to reminisce, plus we did a "Who's Who" vote towards the end and handed out certificates.

My friend Dana


My friends Jenna, Shelley, and Caroline


All of my classmates


We had a great time with everyone and I was so impressed with how well Kurt did with people he didn't know!  I'd say he was definitely the best looking spouse there, so it was too bad they didn't hand out that award!  We appreciate Mama Becky and Daddy Mer for keeping Jack Friday and Saturday nights for us so we could go have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment