Jack's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Charlie's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 31, 2010

Alana and Patrick's Wedding

Yesterday, May 29th, one of my best friends Alana Craig married Patrick Thompson in one of the prettiest weddings I've ever seen (after my own of course!) :-) I was one of her bridesmaids and loved being a part of all the fun festivities all weekend!

Friday at noon was her beautiful Bridesmaids Luncheon at her mom's house. Everything was so elegant and the food was delicious. All of us girls were very appreciative for everything Alana and her mother did for us.



Alana and me


All 10 bridesmaids plus Alana



Later that night we had the Rehearsal at the Sonnet House, then the Rehearsal Dinner at the Vestavia Country Club. The food there was delicious, too, and we all had a great time reminiscing and listening to stories of Alana and Patrick growing up. (Thanks to Mama Becky and Daddy Mer for keeping Jack so we could go by ourselves!)




Saturday came with heavy storms, but thank goodness the sun came out around lunchtime! Alana was nervous about the weather, but she held it in well and was pretty calm throughout the day! She was one of the prettiest brides I've ever seen, even with just her hair and makeup done! Of course, once she put on her dress, she was even more gorgeous! She just looked perfect!

The beautiful bride getting ready





Bridesmaids giving her the scrapbook we put together with shower invitations, letters and pictures from each of us, plus a letter from Patrick (what she is reading in this picture)


When they saw each other for the first time! So sweet!


Shelley, Lindsey, and me


Jenna and me


Doing the finishing touches before time to walk down the aisle!


The beautiful bride and me!! She's so gorgeous!


Alana and her mom


Jenna and Jack


Brittney and Jack. She flew in from LA for the wedding! It was so good to see her!


Mama missed her boy all day! It was so great to hold him and show him off! :-)


Yes, I missed Kurt too. Isn't the background beautiful?


Not the best picture of Patrick, but I at least wanted to get a picture of them in front of the pretty cake!


Another family photo. I was a little picture happy all night!


After Papa and Grandmama Sherry came to pick Jack up to take him home and put him to bed. We missed him, but we enjoyed visiting with friends the rest of the night. We appreciate them keeping him!



Keith, Lindsey, and Sawyer


I got to hold him, too!


Shades Valley girls!


The sweet couple dancing together


In between dances for us. So sweet of Kurt to dance with me!


I know this wasn't just a blog about Jack, but it was a big event that happened to us, and Alana is one of my best friends, so I wanted to be sure to add it.

Thanks again for a great weekend, Alana! We are so excited for you and Patrick and we love y'all very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment