Jack's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Charlie's Age Ticker

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Just Call Me Grace...

Monday we had a big scare with Charlie and me.  I tripped in our yard over a rain gutter and bricks, and fell right on my belly and face! :-(  Yes, just call me Grace!  I was in so much pain, but mostly scared for Charlie since he got a hard hit.  I immediately called the doctor and they wanted me to come right in.  Kurt met me there of course and they monitored Charlie and me for about 30 minutes, and he seemed to be doing great!  Praise the Lord!  His heartbeat and movements were great, so that was a huge relief.  The doctor was concerned still, though, and wanted to admit me to Labor and Delivery to monitor me for 4 more hours, plus run a certain blood test.  The test is called Kleihauer-Betke and it is designed to see if any of the baby's blood cells were mixed with the mother's, and in my case, that would be a very bad thing since my blood is negative and his may be positive from Kurt's blood.  The test took over 4 hours but did show some of the cells had mixed, so I had to get another Rhogam shot that protects the baby from my blood.  I had this shot back at 28 weeks, but they wanted to give me another one just as a precaution.

The whole time we were being monitored in Labor and Delivery Charlie was moving fine and his heartbeat was fine, so we were very happy about that.  I even started having contractions, some pretty severe every 5-6 minutes, but the doctor and nurses weren't concerned and pretty much said they were just Braxton Hicks from the trauma.  It would have been a great time for them to be real contractions since we were already there and obviously ready for Charlie to come out, but it wasn't God's timing, so we were sent home around 9.  Praise God Charlie and I are both ok after such a traumatic experience!

Me giving a "thumbs up" before we left!  All was ok! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment